March 16, 2011

The Blog is Back...

...and its nice and relaxed after its little vacation.


In three weeks I have learned five things -
1) The hype about Dinner is justified. I was a little skeptical about going, despite rave reviews, because I thought it was going to be too experimental for my taste. Strangely, it wasn't. It was, in fact, easily the best meal I've eaten London. Mr Blumenthal, I'm converted.
2) I will never return to Il Baretto again and it has been crossed off my list of "go-to" restaurants. I had such terrible service when I went last Saturday it was the only time I've requested service be taken off the bill. Time to find a new Italian - suggestions welcome.
3) My new Italian wasn't going to be 5 Pollen Street. I liked the place, and loved the Maitre d', who is quite possibly the most charming person in the world, but I'm not desperate to go back.
4) Nor am I desperate to go back to Cocochan which fell under the same "like but don't love" category.
5) It is almost impossible to keep up with new restaurant openings in London *sigh*.


One thing I didn't learn -
1) How to work my new camera. Hopefully, I will soon and hopefully, I will also manage to get over my "camera in restaurants" issue.




x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...