January 30, 2011

Snog - You'll Never Forget Your First Snog

I genuinely believe that the better things taste, the worse they probably are for you. Think of all great foods- Hot dogs/ Sushi/Fried chicken/ Actually, probably anything fried/ Ribs/Cakes/Cookies/Macaroni and Cheese/Cheese in general/Waffles/Fries/Burgers/Chorizo/Popcorn/Crackling/Cinnamon Whirls/ Alcohol/ Bacon/Foie Gras/ Crisps/Bread/Burritos/Pasta/ Curries/Muffins/ Icing/Kebabs/Paninis/ Risotto/Sausages and a whole host of other things. Obviously some things, few and far between, dont apply to these rules. Take Snog, for example.


I had always considered Frozen Yoghurt (or Fro-Yo as they call it in California) as ice cream for people who cant afford the calories ice cream has and really, where is the fun in that? Given 99% of what I eat is made up of the foods in the list above, I wasnt convinced Fro-Yo was for me. I mean, it really is good for you. Its low calorie, fat-free, filled with calcium and protein and active probiotic cultures, whatever those are. 


So I was shocked that I liked it. In fact, it tastes so good I'm still convinced its probably doing something bad to my body. 





The Snog venue The Boyfriend and I decided to test was their Soho branch.  We headed there on a Friday night, mainly because it was closer than Gelupo from Barrafina, where we had been dining for the evening. The place is funky. Lots of bright colours and lights that change colour. 
Snogs come in 4 different flavours:
- natural 
- blueberry 
- spiced apple 
- and green tea


To be honest, they all taste fairly similar. Bar the green tea which just tastes bad. With your snog you can have a variety of toppings from the "naughty" - brownies, oreos and the like, to the good - fruit. In the winter there is also a variety of hot toppings.


The Boyfriend and I opted for a spiced apple snog with a hot cinammon pear topping. It was gorgeous. The yoghurt was tangy but creamy at the same time and the pear and cinammon provided some sweetness. It tasted a bit like an incredible pear crumble with really cold creme fraiche. Except of course this was good for you. 


Snog is a nice way to finish a meal because it doesnt weigh you down, but instead is refreshing, like a palate cleanser. 

Snog Pure Frozen Yogurt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...