November 22, 2011

MeatLiquor









I'm not very good at queuing for food and I'm definitely not very good at waiting for an hour for food once I'm seated. Normally, this would make me hate the restaurant involved, angry at the staff, tearful inside the restaurant and bitter leaving it, and yet, I left MEATliquor happy. Fatter but happy.




I have to say I am really not a fan of the decor, it is a little teenage-emo-tacky. Splattered blood on the walls, graffiti,  a lack of lighting seemed just a bit unnecessary. We get its meant to be a dive but this was too contrived. Very loud music added to the over-the-top-ness.



We started with deep-friend pickles (if that’s not a genius idea, I don't know what is) and buffalo wings, a really underappreciated dish. At this point, The Boyfriend and I were starving and failed to realise that we lacked napkins or water. The next ten minutes were a bit painful, both for our taste buds and anyone in the general vicinity who might have glanced over and seen our faces. Eventually we got both the necessary tools, and settled in for another rather long wait.


The burgers showed up roughly an hour and a half after we had arrived, but just like the starters were worth the wait. My double-bubble, involving ketchup (or so called “TK"), two patties, mustard, onions and cheese was to die for. In fact, I'm sure MeatWagon/Easy/Liquor burgers are probably the cause of quite a few heart attacks. The Boyfriend defined his MEATLiquor Bacon Cheeseburger as "the best burger" he had in London, not sure if he was starving or trying to justify the wait, but he did crave that burger for at least six days after this meal, and lord knows for how much longer still. 

We finished with crack pie. Possibly a mistake, because at this point I was forced to unbutton my skin tight leather trousers. This was a little too late because as I realised when I got home, my new found fat started to look for a way out of their caseing culminating in a ripped hole in said trousers. Damage came to around £40ish (plus new trousers), for the food and four glasses of wine.

Meat Liquor on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...