November 02, 2011

Providores - Brunch



The Brunch Buddy and I were on a hunt for the best breakfast in London, and over a two month period we visited a significant number of places. We started the experience with Providores. Having visited Kopapa a couple of months earlier and having loved it, I assumed the original Peter Gordon restaurant was to be just as satisfying. In terms of food it was. Providores is situated on Marylebone high street, and divided, as is so fashionable these days, into two parts - the downstairs being more casual and accepting no bookings and the upstairs being a slightly more formal dining room. The Brunch Buddy and I sat upstairs being too lazy and lacking the mental capacity too queue.










The dining room is on the boring side. Nothing remarkable stood out. The food however, was much more pleasing. The Turkish Eggs, which had so impressed The Boyfriend and I at Kopapa, were a definite must, as was the English Breakfast - a necessity in staving off any potential long-term effects of the night before.

Both were well presented, and lived up to the previous standards I had experienced at Kopapa. The service on the other hand was a little slow, and an occasion things were forgotten.

The total damage came to £45, which included a carafe of some prescriptive rose. Its a good place to start a nice day hanging about the area but I don't know if I would be desperate to return just for brunch, given I live so close to Kopapa which is essentially the same.

Providores on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. The Turkish Eggs look heavenly. I'll look for it in NYC catering menus. Thanks for the heads up, we'll definitely visit these restaurants when we get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...